Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Metaphor

Speaking of Cadbury. This commercial dates from the 1980s, back when I was in the creative department at Y&R in New York. It demonstrates the power of unexpected metaphor.

The collision of two metaphors demonstrates high level advertising creativity. You can't create a new idea if you have only one idea.



Right now I can't recall the name of art director and the writer. But, I am checking and will up-date this post as soon as I find out. The voice over in this commercial is by Mason Adams.

Copyright © 2009 by John Eighmey. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. With all the Cadbury talk here recently it reminded me of my favorite ones - Here today goo tomorrow. I think they're fabulous, did Y&R do these also?

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7A4315EE303AF457&playnext=1&v=SwoDNwKBv7U

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY for pointing those out! Done in UK, not sure which agency. Will see if I can find out.

    ReplyDelete